Mahatma Gandhi has said that india’s development is linked to the development of its villages. Be it in providing quality education, proper healthcare & sanitation, efficient waste management etc, our rural community development is of paramount importance for the development of our nation. Bannari Amman Spinning Mills Limited believes in achieving a healthy balance between profits and contributing to society and rural development is a core focus of its CSR policy.
We have tied up with Mr Vijaykumar who is advising us on our CSR activities. He is an IAS (retired), former corporation commissioner Chennai & former collector of Vellore. Also he has championed ABL (activity based learning) successfully across 38,000 schools covering the entire State of Tamailnadu besides being piloted in 10 states across India. He is also currently in the National Resource Group of NCERT besides other committees of Central Government on education in the country.
Activities done & engaged in currently:
- Bridging infrastructure & teacher availability gaps in government schools
- Building five Balwadi’s (pre-schools) in Dindigul area along with Tamil Nadu government as part of SSI (Self Suffeciency Scheme)
- Providing for adequate academic reading materials wherever required covering all Balwadi’s across Dindigul district
- Actively participating in integrated rural community development
- Focus on adopting villages and holistic development of the same
- Education along with Health & Sanitation will be the prime concern areas addressed
- Promote quality of services delivered be it basic education, basic health, early childhood care and education by supplementing the effort of Government and suitably identifying the critical gaps and addressing it squarely
We believe by continuously engaging with the community in terms of social development we will contribute immensely in guiding them towards a better standard of living in all areas and provide a positive platform for growth.